We are a RULER school
What is RULER?
RULER is a research-based program created by Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence. RULER is used to help students, families, and educators build emotional capacity. RULER is an acronym used to remember the different aspects of emotional intelligence.
RULER stands for:
Recognizing emotions in self and others
Understanding the causes and consequences of emotions
Labeling emotions accurately
Expressing emotions appropriately
Regulating emotions effectively
Why do we use it at school?
Research has shown many benefits of the RULER curriculum including:
- Students using RULER have better academic performance
- RULER increases emotional intelligence and social skills
- Decreases anxiety and depression
- Improves school climate
- Students using RULER are less likely to bully other students
- Students using RULER have better leadership skills and attention
- Teachers have better relationships with students, less burnout, better relationships with administrators, and are more positive about teaching
Learn more about RULER and how to use RULER tools at home with your child and family.